New York City Rodent Control
Rodent infestations can be one of the most challenging and damaging problems for homeowners. Not only do these animals stay hidden, but they can reproduce quickly, carry disease, and can chew through electrical wires leading to major structural damage.
At Broadway Pest Services, we understand how unnerving these animals can be for property owners, which is why we offer top-quality rodent control treatments to homes and commercial properties in New York City and the surrounding areas.
Our licensed and highly trained professionals have over 50 years of industry-leading experience and use the most advanced treatments on the market to deliver rodent control that gets the job done right.
Seven Signs of a Rodent Infestation
Rodent issues can be especially prevalent in the fall and winter months, as mice and rats seek shelter from the cold. Because these animals can infiltrate your property from even the smallest openings and stay hidden in attics or behind walls, it can be challenging to know for sure if there is a problem.
Seven warning signs of a mouse or rat issue include:
- One of the most obvious warning signs of an infestation is the presence of droppings. These droppings can very easily be mistaken for debris, varying in shape and being between ¼” – ¾” in length depending on the species. Often, they are dark brown or black in appearance.
- Small footprints or tracks left behind in dust or dirt.
- Scratching, gnawing, or running noises in attics, behind walls, and in ceilings.
- The presence of grease streaks on surfaces from the oil in rodents’ fur.
- An otherwise unexplained increase in allergy symptoms.
- Chew marks or holes in wood, clothing, upholstery, wires, or other materials.
- Unpleasant musty or rotting odors—often caused by the buildup of urination and fecal matter as well as a potentially dead rodent.
What Attracts Rodents?
Rodents are attracted to homes and properties that provide them with easy access to food, water, and shelter.
Some of the things that can attract rodents include:
- Open garbage cans or overflowing trash
- Pet food and water left out overnight
- Clutter and debris (such as cardboard boxes) that provide shelter and hiding places
- Cracks and gaps in walls and foundations
- Poorly sealed doors and windows
It is in your best interest to take care of potential entry points into your home and remove sources of food and shelter if you suspect you have a rodent problem.
What Are Common Diseases Spread by New York City Rodents?
Mice and rats are carriers of several harmful diseases that can be transmitted to humans.
Some of the most common diseases spread by rodents include:
- Lymphocytic Chorio-meningitis (LCM)
- Rat-bite fever
Rodents can spread these diseases through food contamination, bites, fleas, ticks, and droppings. If you are dealing with a rodent infestation, you need to take all recommended safety precautions to protect yourself and your family from potential diseases.
Do not attempt to deal with a mouse or rat infestation on your own. Call a professional, experienced NYC rodent exterminator that knows exactly how to remove and handle this troublesome pest.
Our NYC Rodent Control Services
At Broadway Pest Services, we not only provide a detailed inspection of your property to scope the nature and severity of the infestation, but we also perform a thorough treatment to stop rodents in their tracks.
We pair baiting and trapping solutions with a highly effective tracking powder, which is only available to licensed pest control technicians. The last, and arguably most critical, step is exclusion. This is where our experts evaluate potential entry points and seal them—making it challenging for any new rodents to make their way inside.
Our local and highly trained team takes pride in a job well done and wants you to feel confident in our solutions. That is why we back up our services with both a 14-day return policy and special pricing on any future visits within the first three months of treatment to extend your rodent protection. With fast response times, affordable prices, and effective treatments, Broadway Pest Services has been a trusted name in rodent control for over 50 years.
Contact Broadway Pest Services Today
Our team of skilled professionals is well-equipped to tackle rodent infestations of all sizes, from minor nuisances to more severe problems. We employ the latest and most effective methods and technologies to ensure that your property is rodent-free and safe. Our experts are here to address your concerns, answer your questions, and tailor our treatments to meet your specific needs. Trust us to deliver efficient, professional, and thorough rodent control services in New York City that will leave your property pest-free and your peace of mind restored.