New York City Moth Control
While not as fearsome as wasps or other flying insects, moths can be just as unnerving and just as damaging. Our local team at Broadway Pest Services offers expert moth control solutions to homes and businesses in New York City and throughout the surrounding areas. We utilize the most advanced treatments on the market to safely and effectively remove the most common types of moths from your space. With over 50 years of industry-leading experience, our licensed professionals know what it takes to deliver the high-quality workmanship and customer service you deserve—and no infestation is too big or small for our specialists.
While adult moths can be a nuisance, the most damage comes from their young—the larvae. That is because most adult moths don’t have mouths. Unfortunately, the larvae stage is also the longest stage of the moth lifecycle, lasting anywhere from one month to half a year!
Types of moths we treat include:
- Cloth: Clothes moth is a common name for two different types of moths, Tineola bisselliella and Tinea pellionella. As larvae, these moths both feed on the keratin found in fibers, like bedding, wool, cotton, leather, and silk. Adult moths are small, usually no longer than ¾ inch, and range in color from whitish grey to dark brown with grey spots.
- Meal: Indian meal moths, also known as pantry moths, feed off grains and other food stuffs. From pasta and cereal to sugar, pet food, and chips, the larvae can ravage your food supply for months until they begin to metamorphose into adults. As adults, they have a wingspan of about 5/8 of an inch, and range in color from yellow to dark grey.
Signs of a Moth Problem
Because most of the moths homeowners deal with are small and like to stay hidden, it can be challenging to see when they infest your home. With decades of experience under our belts, we have become experts at identifying the nature and scope of your infestation, so treatment is quick, easy, and reliable.
5 signs of a moth infestation include:
- Small holes in clothing, drapery, or bedding
- Small holes in food containers like plastic bags or cardboard boxes
- Flying or crawling adult moths
- Webbing or silky tunnels in the corners of pantries or closets
- Eggs or larvae casings in food packaging
At Broadway Pest Services, we strive to deliver the highest quality solutions as quickly and affordably as possible. That is why our licensed pros offer same-day service, free estimates, and treatments that are second to none. We service properties of all sizes throughout New York City, Brooklyn, and beyond.
Call our team today at (888) 966-9069 to schedule an appointment.